After experiencing steady growth in adaptation since 2001, the $178.8 million global endoscopy market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 14.8 percent through 2020, according to a report by Wise Guy Reports.
Here's what you should know.
1. The market has three segments: component, application and geography.
2. Capsule endoscopes hold a dominant share of the component segment because of their large adaptation rate.
3. Capsule endoscopes have the highest use rate in the small bowel, esophageal and colonic disease segments.
4. North America is the leading market player, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
5. Given Imaging, Olympus Corp., IntroMedic, CapsoVision and the Chongqing Jinshan Science and Technology Group lead the capsule endoscopy manufacturing market.