Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria are a common cause of digestive illnesses, including gastritis (the irritation and inflammation of the stomach lining), peptic ulcers (sores in the lining of the stomach, small intestine, or esophagus), and even stomach cancer later in life.
How ensure we get h.pylori infection?
Richen 13c urea breath test and 13c analyzer can help you diagnosis fastly.
The carbon-13 urea breath test is used to detect Helicobacter pylori infection.
The principle of 13c urea breath test is to introduce a substrate labeled with a stable radionuclide 13C into the body (the main method is oral), and it is detected by an isotope ratio mass spectrometer.
Changes in the final metabolite 13CO2 of the substrate are used to study metabolic reactions and physiological processes in the body.
Abnormal results of clinical significance: Determine the 12C/13C ratio (δ value) in the exhaled samples before and after taking the medicine. If the difference between the δ value after the expiration minus the δ value before the expiration is more than 4, it is Hp positive, and the infection is Helicobacter pylori.
Persons who need to be checked: Throttle bacillus infection, peptic ulcer patients.
Precautions Not suitable for examiners: No pre-examination contraindications: The test must be carried out on an empty stomach or two hours after a meal. The patient has not taken antibiotics, bismuth preparations, proton pump inhibitors and other Hp sensitive drugs in the past month, otherwise it will cause the test The result is false negative.
Contraindications during inspection:
(1) The inspection is scheduled in the morning.
(2) During the test, first collect the first breath sample, and then take a special granule, sit still and wait for 30 minutes, during this time you can’t drink or eat anything, and finally breathe the breath into another collection tube with all your strength. The two test tubes with the gas collected are analyzed on a specific instrument to obtain the result of the presence or absence of HP.
(1) Orally take a cup of test meal (about 12ml);
(2) Collect zero-hour exhalation;
(3) Oral urea [13C], and start timing. (Dose: 75mg for adults, 13C abundance>99%, children: under 12 years old, 50mg, 13C abundance>99%);
(4) Collect the exhalation at the 10th, 30th, minutes . In the easy way can detect whether you get h.pylori infection.